The beef burger quesadilla is a typical modern dish from Mexico. The first hamburger was made by chef Otto Kuasw in 1891, who had a food stall in the port of Hamburg (Germany). This gave rise to the name of this food which soon became popular among sailors due to its speed of preparation and low cost. From there, it spread to America, where the idea of using round bread was developed, becoming a symbol of American culture.
This is basically another way of making the traditional American hamburger.. In fact, this concept of “fast food” has awakened the creativity of those who prepare it. For this reason, in Mexico it is customary to replace the traditional round soft bread with the typical corn quesadillas. Another characteristic component of this version is the incorporation of Pico de Gallo sauce, very simple to prepare.
This beef burger quesadilla is lower in soluble carbohydrates. This is because the tortilla is made with corn, which is richer in fiber. Thus, its consumption stimulates the good functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. Learn how to make this weird hamburger… Read on!
For the burgers:
For the pico de gallo sauce:
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 pitted jalapeño peppers
- 2 green peppers
- chopped cilantro
- lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
To assemble the burgers:
- 12 corn flour tortillas
- chopped lettuce
- 12 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 250 grams of pancetta in strips
How to prepare the beef burger quesadilla:
- Chop the tomatoes, the onion together with the peppers and coriander. Place in a bowl to make the Pico de Gallo sauce.
- Add the lemon juice to the minced meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the vegetables with the oil and leave them in the fridge.
- Put the meat in a container with the eggs, milk, ketchup, mustard, onion powder, a pinch of salt and ground pepper, garlic and bread.
- knead the meat, divide into six portions and form into balls and flatten.
- Fry the hamburgers in a pan with hot oil on medium high heat on both sides.
- heat the tortillas, spread and smear with mayonnaise.
- Place lettuce, fried bacon and a hamburger on a tortilla.
- Add a slice of cheese, a slice of Pico de Gallo sauce and then another tortilla on top of the meat.
- Repeat this step with the remaining tortillas.
This recipe gives you a complete and easy-to-prepare dish to serve for a casual meal. Can be served with french fries.