The pickles They can give a different touch to any making hamburgers, even in other meat dishes. There are many recipes, but this one will allow you to have a crispy pickled onion, with a mild taste and with that acidic touch that will complete your dish in 12 hours at most.
If you want to enrich the taste of your homemade hamburgers, give them this special touch, we are sure you will love it. Here we tell you how to prepare some delicious pickled purple onions.
How to make hamburger onions?
- 2 purple onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 black peppers
- 30 g of salt
- 500 ml of water
- 400 ml white wine vinegar
- 100 ml Chinese rice vinegar
- half an orange juice
Step by step to make the onions:
1) Plasticize the onions with the help of a mandolin or a knife, you decide.
2) We put them in one or several boats, and in each boat we put a bay leaf or a piece of it if the boat is small.
3) Put the juice from half an orange into the saucepan. If there are several vessels for this amount, we divide the juice among the various vessels.
4) Put the rest of the ingredients in a pot, let it boil, when it starts to boil, put it directly in the pots, covering the onion. Close the jar and let it cool.
In 12 hours the onion is ready to eat. It can be kept for months without problems, as long as the airtight seal is maintained and basic hygiene rules are observed.