There is nothing else rich rather than a dessert right after food. Above all, when you haven’t tried some for a while, you know, because you take care of yourself because of it diet And a long etc. However, if one thing is true, it is that we should always save space to do or eat something we really like. Above all because there are often little moments of happiness hidden there, which sometimes we need to feel comfortable.
Eat one dessert It can help lift your mood, even if you’re feeling down and stuck in your life. They invite you to forget your problems for a moment, thanks to their taste. However, many nutritionists and health experts recommend to moderate them Introductionto avoid I put pounds, gain weightbecause most contain a lot flours or sugars.
But luckily, today they exist publications of all and thanks to it there is now also a fantastic one medical prescription which today we will share with you, since it is nothing more and nothing less than a carrot cake, but unlike the traditional one, because it does not even have flourNeither sugar. If one healthy dessert and besides all delicious, which you can hardly resist! Now you can eat it guilt free.
What does a traditional carrot cake look like?
Carrot cake, carrot cake or carrot cake is a sweet cake with mashed carrots mixed into the batter. The carrot softens during the cooking process and the cake usually has a dense, smooth texture. The carrots improve its taste, texture and appearance pie. Sometimes toasted walnuts are added to the mixture. The origin of this sweet is disputed, because while some historians believe it originated in England, others say it is French.
The carrot cake They were widely available in American restaurants and cafes in the early 1960s. At first they were a novelty item, but many people liked them so much that they became a common dessert. This vegetable has been used in sweet cakes since Middle Agesa time when sweeteners were rare and expensive, while the carrot, which contains more sugar than any other vegetable except the sugar beet, was much easier to find, so it was used to make sweet desserts.
Despite its name, the Carrot cake looks more like a sponge cake in preparation (all wet ingredients such as eggs and sugar, mixed on one side, all the dry on the other, and then the liquids are added) and the final consistency (which is usually thicker than a traditional cake and has a coarser crumb). Some recipes include optional ingredients such as dried fruit, raisins, pineapple or coconut. Did you already feel it? Let’s do it!
- 200 g of almond flour
- 56 g of coconut flour
- 150 g of erythritol
- 6 eggs
- 110 g butter, melted
- ½ cup milk/cream
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 100 g pecans, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 250 g of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 110 g of butter, at room temperature
- 3 sachets of stevia
- 100 g pecans, chopped
- Preheat it oven at 180ºC.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Add the grated carrots and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, butter, cream and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid and mix to form one pasta. Add the pecans from the cake and mix.
- Transfer the paste to a 21 cm diameter round tin which you have previously greased with butter. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting: In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, Butter and stevia to form a smooth cream.
- Cut the cake in half and pipe some of the frosting. Cover with the lid and place the rest. Add chopped walnuts for decoration.