Nothing better than roasting and having a few pieces of meat left over to eat the next day, either reheated or reuse in a recipe that calls for meat.
A very important fact to remember is that it is intentional use the fattest pieces for reheatingY the most impossible to eat cold because very likely if we overheat them they will dry out.
Here are some ideas to avoid wasting meat and be able to use it in new delicious and easy to prepare dishes.
- First you need to cut the meat into small pieces
- Then it must be mixed with lettuce and tomato, and add carrot, corn and cooked peas. Now you need to add cooked potatoes and boiled egg.
- In the last step, you must mix all the foods well, season with salt and pepper and olive oil and, if optional, add mayonnaise or some seasoning according to the taste of each table.
- First you need to cut the meat into strips and reheat it.
- Second, prepare some toppings like black beans, guacamole (mashed avocado, diced tomato, onion and cilantro) and crema de la crème (cream cheese with lemon juice).
- Fact: for cheddar lovers, you can add it to tacos and it’s very tasty.
- Then you have to add the filling to the “Rapiditas” type tortillas and they are ready to eat.
Shredded carrot sandwich
- Cut the meat into thin slices (it can also be grilled chicken)
- Heat the bread slices
- Make a homemade mayonnaise with egg, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the onion into small squares.
- Grate the carrots, mix with mayonnaise, onion and optionally, some grated cheese. If necessary, add salt.
- Combine the sandwich with the carrot and meat mixture.
Tomato sauce with leftover sausages
- Cut the chorizos into pieces and sauté them with the onion, pepper and grated carrot. You can also make a stew with the leftover pieces of meat.
- Add processed tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add herbs to taste.
- This sauce is perfect for eating with noodles or any type of pasta.