For all those people who consider ourselves cheese lovers, proves to be an ingredient suitable for any snack. We enjoy a good cheese board, pizza with four – or more – cheeses and find every excuse to include it in our usual recipes.
Normally cheese doesn’t need much preparation, but it turns out that at NovaMás we bring you a delicious and very simple recipe to make mozzarella cheese balls super tasty. We have taken it from the Instagram profile @cuinagold, an Italian mother who makes very simple recipes and shares the secrets of her country’s cuisine through the networks.
Whipped Mozzarella Balls
- mozzarella balls
- 100 grams of wheat flour
- 100 g of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 100 ml olive oil
Method of preparation:
1. We place the mozzarella balls on a thin cloth so that they lose the whey from the container they are usually placed in.
2. Break an egg and put it in a bowl to beat well with the help of an egg beater or a fork. We’re closed.
3. Spread the wheat flour on a pan.
4. We do the same with the toast.
5. Pour the olive oil into a saucepan and heat it over medium heat.
6. We prepare a source with kitchen paper.
7. Pierce a small mozzarella ball with a toothpick, roll it in flour and coat it well.
8. Next, pass it through the egg and make sure it is well soaked.
9. Then, we pass it through the breadcrumbs so that the entire surface is coated.
10. Put the ball in the hot oil and make sure it gets a golden color without burning.
11. Once it reaches the point, place it in the container with the paper so that it absorbs the excess oil.
12. We repeat the operation with all the mozzarella balls we want to prepare.
The result is excellent: mozzarella balls crispy on the outside and crumbly on the inside. This preparation can be converted into a appetizer perfect – and put a twist on the classic distressed brief – when paired with red fruit jams the tomato. It can also be the protein suitable to give a special touch to a salad Mediterranean.
Mozzarella with designation of origin
Even if it’s just to see them in the plastic containers we can find on any surface with the grated cheese ‘special for pizzas’, everyone Our mozzarella cheese is familiar. But which is the original? The fresh or the dry? Where does it come from?
It turns out that the most authentic variety is the Bell buffalo mozzarella, a mozzarella cheese, made from the milk of the female water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis), with a Protected Designation of Origin from the Italian region of Campania. In 2008 the European Union granted it the Protected Designation of Origin indicator, given that its main characteristics are that it is produced entirely with buffalo milk from Campania.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
A simple recipe to make gluten-free and lactose-free processed cheese sticks