The Biscuit is probably one of the recipes which have fallen in love with the world for its consistency and its spectacular taste, which has a large number of varieties between vanilla, orange, marble, yogurt and many more, we could expand into a long list of varieties in terms of tastes and varieties, because after all there is something for everyone. However, there is one that has won the hearts of many: Red Velvet Cake.
The red velvet for his translation: red velvetis one of the most popular choices given and for some time, this type of buns with a red hue has become more popular. Although the version in Biscuit It is much less known, it is known that its basic recipe is in the form of a cake with icing, which has managed to fall in love with endless palates.
Although today, there are more recipes, it is said that its origin was precisely in XIX century, where cocoa was used to soften its texture cake and for this they received his name “velvet”. Another strange story goes back to World War II, where bakers are supposed to have made use of it beet juice to enhance your color cake and they make it perform better, since it kept its moisture Biscuit.
Whatever version it is, it’s great to have a recipe like this, and that’s exactly why today we want to leave you with this treatand red velvet cakewhich although it is still far from being more established as Christmas, we could not refuse to enjoy it in a good slice.
Red velvet cake
- 250 grams of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 350 grams of flour
- 250 ml oil (olive or sunflower)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 g of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 250 ml warm milk
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Red food coloring (paste)
- 100 grams of white chocolate fudge
- 100 ml cream (for mounting)
- In a bowl mix the warm milk and lemon. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- We put the eggs with the sugar in the blender and leave them until we get a creamy and white texture. Add oil to the thread and little by little. We incorporate perfectly and when we have it we incorporate the vanilla, dye, milk and lemon.
- Mix until a homogeneous texture is obtained.
- We sift it flour with the cocoathe salt and baking soda. We incorporate the previous mixture little by little and make it wrapped.
- When we have the mixture, we will put it in a mold that we have previously greased. It is important to tap a little to completely remove the air.
- Put in the preheated oven 175ºC for 40-45 minutes.
- You can do the toothpick test to check they are perfect.
- Remove and let cool.
- To cover: We will put the chocolate, previously chopped into a hot pot with the cream. We will leave it until it comes to a boil. It is important to stir constantly until a homogeneous consistency is achieved.
- Serve on top of the mold and that’s it.
Serve and enjoy.