If you are one of those people who always prepare with enthusiasm the homemade birthday cakes for every member of the family, you will love this chocolate cake recipe. Nothing cloying, easy to prepare and with a creamy mascarpone cheese filling It will make you forget about other cakes and cookies.
For the chocolate sponge cake: 240 g flour, 1 sachet of baking powder, 250 g sugar, 50 g cocoa powder, 130 ml sunflower oil, 6 eggs, 180 ml cream, 1 pinch of salt.
For the caramel: half a glass of brown sugar, a tablespoon of butter at room temperature, 2 tablespoons of cream.
For the cream filling and topping: 1 bar of dark chocolate (70%), 1 bar of white chocolate, 1 knob of butter at room temperature, 1 tub of mascarpone cheese, 2 tablespoons of cream.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, soda, cocoa powder, half the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Separately separate the egg whites (reserve) from the yolks. Beat the last one with the sunflower oil and cream.
- Integrate both edits and booking.
- On the other hand, we beat the egg whites gradually incorporating the rest of the sugar until we achieve a tight and shiny meringue.
- Add the first mixture in a rolling motion.
- Pour into a round mold that we have previously floured and bake in a preheated oven for about 35 minutes at 180C. Let it cool first face up and then face down on a wire rack before unmolding.
- For the caramel: In a small saucepan, add the brown sugar, butter and a splash of whipping cream. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until you have a smooth sauce. If you want a milder taste, add a little more cream. Reservation.
- For the topping and filling: Heat the dark chocolate and the white chocolate in a bain-marie (play with the proportions to achieve a more or less intense coverage). Add a knob of butter and cream. Mix well. Once the chocolate has melted and incorporated with the rest of the ingredients, remove the bowl from the bain-marie and add the bowl with the mascarpone cheese. Mix until you get a cream with a homogeneous texture.
- Base: open it Biscuit in the middle and spread each of the inner parts with caramel. Then, on the bottom half, place the chocolate and mascarpone cream, reserving a portion to cover the cake. Place the top cake and finish by covering it with the reserved cream. Garnish with red fruit or grated white chocolate.
You may be interested
10 super easy birthday cakes to prepare